The aim of this assignment is to have a better/clearer understanding of Guangzhou petrol station usage by its citizens over time.
In order to go through this task, you as an interrogator and individual living in the city of Guangzhou is to physically visit petrol stations and ask the personal the following questions on a monthly basis:
In which district of Guangzhou is the station located in?
2. What is the exact address of the station? (name of petrol station, street number, street name, postal code, city)
i. (text response)
3. What is the position of the person you are asking the questions to?
ii. Pump operator
5. Do you know the exact amount of fuel sold last month?
i. No (go to question 9)
6. Do you know the amount sold per type of fuel last month?
i. Yes (go to question 6)
ii. No (go to question 5)
7. What is the total amount of fuel sold last month?
i. (text response) ( go to question 9)
8. How many litres of unleaded petrol have you sold last month? (provide the starting and ending dates of the month before)
9. How many litres of super unleaded petrol have you sold last month? (provide the starting and ending dates of the month before)
11. How many litres of diesel have you sold last month? (provide the starting and ending dates of the month before)
12. Are there more or less customers this month than last month?
i. More (go to question 10)
ii. Less (go to question 11)
13. What is the increase in customers?
i. 0-25% more
ii. 25-50% more
iii. 50-75% more
14. What is the decrease in customers?
i. 0-25% less
ii. 25-50% less
iii. 50-75% less
15. What was the approximate average customer expense last month?
i. 0 - 100 Yuan
ii. 100 - 200 Yuan
iii. 200 - 300 Yean
iv. 300 - 400 Yuan
v. More than 400 Yuan
Guidelines for Guangzhou
If the operator/person you interrogated the month before is not present at the time of your visit you can talk to another operator working there.
For each visit (1 petrol station) providing the response of the questionnaire and the picture witnessing your visit you will be rewarded 15 US$,consequently, if you visit 20 petrol stations a month you will be awarded (20x15) 300 US$ a month.
This assignment will last for at least 3 months and be indefinite.
You will have to ask the same questionnaire to the same petrol stations month over month. Verification with corresponding pictures will be effectuated.
In order for us to have complete insurance of you (the survey giver) actually ask the questions even though you have provided us the pictures, someone will visit the interrogated petrol stations to make sure you have actually asked the questions, if the feedback comes back as negative, you will be eliminated from this research and not be awarded.
The study will concentrate on the following Shanghai districts: Yuèxiù Qū, Lìwān Qū, Hǎizhū Qū, Tiānhé Qū, Báiyún Qū, Huángpù Qū, Pānyú Qū, Huādū Qū, Nánshā Qū, Zēngchéng Qū, Cónghuà Qū.